2013年2月28日 星期四

I've raised issue of turbine ruling

Mr Deacon states in his letter "we should read the Leicester Mercury to find out about planning applications".

Then he goes on to say: "I don't know for sure if the planning application for two 150ft wind turbines close to the Anstey parish border was in the Mercury."

I can assure Mr Deacon I contacted Hinckley and Bosworth Borough Council when the first application was made for the wind turbines.

During correspondence with the planning officer at the council, I was assured I would be kept updated on the progress of the proposal. I have since received sincere apologies, as it appears I was not contacted on this matter.

In my view, there is a further issue about this planning application, because this was determined by officers at the council and not a planning committee.

I believe there is always controversy when wind turbines are proposed, especially when sited in areas designated countryside.

Indeed, it is also my view, after reading the council constitution, that applications that raise local or wider controversial issues or requiring environmental impact assessments should be determined by the council's planning committee.

I believe this application fits into both categories. Borough councillors should also have the opportunity to make sure this process is carried out. I have written to Hinckley and Bosworth Borough Council about these points. I am awaiting its reply.

On a positive note, I applaud Mr Deacon for stating that he recycles his Leicester Mercury rapidly.David Snartt, county councillor, Bradgate division.

the Tories are parachuting in Richard Blunt into Kirby Muxloe and Leicester Forest East for the county council elections ("How political rivals aim to gather votes in May", Mercury, February 25).

Is he fleeing from his Ibstock and Appleby seat fearing a defeat to Labour or has he used his political muscle at County Hall to bag himself a prime seat on David Parsons's home turf?

Either way, what does a man who lives in Staffordshire, with significant business and political interests in North West Leicestershire think he has to offer the residents of this part of Blaby district?

What does he know about residents' concerns for the ensuing traffic chaos and effect the approved 4,250-home Lubbesthorpe development will have on our lives? What was his response to the closure of one of the doctors' surgeries in our community?

What development does he think is appropriate at the derelict former Holmfield Primary School site?

The Conservative Party really is treating voters with contempt when it imposes candidates who don't live, work or have any connection to the areas they seek to represent.

Is it hoping the electors of Kirby Muxloe and Leicester Forest East won't notice the Tory candidate is from out of town?

If I was Leicestershire's UKIP strategist (and I'm not) then I would think it worth a punt on putting up a local anti-sleaze, anti-Europe candidate to oppose the Tories in this leafiest of leafy suburbs.

I, for one, will be supporting a local candidate at the election, someone who will have the answer to some of the local questions that I posed.

沒有留言:

張貼留言